Today we are talking about Accessibility Scanning & Testing with Mike Gifford & Daniel Mundra.
- Accessibility Scanning and Testing
- Popular tools
- Drupal tools
- How it replaces VPAT
- OpenACR and Drupal
- Tackling Accessibility
- Tools to use
- Issues that will not be caught
Editoria11y (“editorial accessibility”) is a user-friendly checker that addresses three critical needs for content authors
- It runs automatically. Modern spellcheck works so well because it is always running; put spellcheck behind a button and few users remember to run it!
- It runs in context. Views, Layout Builder, Media and all the other modules Drupal uses to assemble a complex page means checkers that run on individual fields cannot “see” errors that appear on render.
- It focuses exclusively on content issues: things page editors can easily understand and easily fix. Editoria11y is meant to supplement, not replace, testing with comprehensive tools and real assistive devices.